What is a Facebook Page?
"A Facebook Page is a public profile specifically created for businesses, brands, celebrities, causes, and other organizations. Unlike personal profiles, pages do not gain "friends," but "fans" - which are people who choose to "like" a page." What is a Facebook Page? - Definition from WhatIs.com
How does a Facebook Page help my business?
We are living in a connected world. Most people with internet access are on some form of social media. So why shouldn't your business be on social media too?
A business Facebook Page is the perfect spot for you to let your client's know about events, share new website content, as this information will show up on the News Feeds of the people who have liked your Facebook Page.
A Facebook Page also creates back links to your website. A website with plenty of reliable back links builds a good reputation with search engines. You can read more about this in our What is SEO? article.
How to create a business Facebook Page
It is very easy to create a Facebook Page for your business, but difficult to create one that looks professional and attractive to clients.
Setting up a Facebook Page
- Go to Create a Page
- Choose the category your business best falls into
- Local Business or Place - This is the recommended option for business's or event venues that have a physical store front that client's can visit and if you are a sole proprietor or partnership. It is the ideal option for small businesses. e.g. WebworxX web design
- Company, Organization or Institution - Select this option if you are a business that has multiple owners and/or shareholders, or no owners. e.g. Trinity Methodist Church
- Brand or Product - If you are selling a specific product or a brand of products then you select this option. e.g. Tupperware
- Artist, Band or Public Figure - We recommend this option if you are a musician, entertainer or a celebrity. e.g. Chris Tomlin
- Entertainment - This option covers computer games, sports teams and similar industries.
- Cause or Community - The last option is for groups of people who want to connect to fight for a cause or just gather under a common interest. e.g. Women Web Designers
- Once you have clicked on the option that best fits your business, you will see something like the image below. Choose an appropriate category from the drop down list and fill in your business details.
- 4. Finally click "Get Started" and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to make my business Facebook Page attractive
It is always a good idea to include as much information as you can on your Facebook Page. You will need the following:
- A beautiful cover photograph that is exactly 851px wide and 315px high.
- A business logo to act as a profile picture, ideally 180px wide and 180px high.
- A short description of your business (155 characters)
- The physical address of your business
- Your business's birthday.
- Your business operation hours.
- A well-written long description of your business
- Your website address
- A contact email address
Remember to post links on your Facebook Page regularly in order to attract clients and engage with your current fans. Add photographs of your staff events. Encourage satisfied clients to write reviews of your business, and don't forget to post sales/offers/events as appropriate.
WebworxX Web Design
When we create a website for you, we also create a cover photograph and a business logo to fit your Facebook Page. We will also assist you in creating your Facebook page.
Contact us today for your website and a Facebook Page*.
*Please note that it is your responsibility to maintain your own Facebook Page. We will help you get started, then it is up to you to stay current on your page. Besides, no one knows your business better than you do. Who better to post on your page than you?